Hey everyone, it’s O’Neill, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, stuffed cabbage rolls. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls.
You can have Stuffed Cabbage Rolls using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- You need 2-3 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 cup of leftover brown gravy.
- It’s 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of medium – large head green cabbage, including outer leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck.
- You need 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely chopped yellow onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls instructions
- To make sauce, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the onions. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside. Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice and set aside as well..
- In a large pot, fill it 3" with water and bring to a light boil..
- Using a paring knife, cut around the core of the cabbage and gently remove the outer leaves, yielding about 5-6 leaves and set aside. Repeat with the other head of cabbage. [Store the remaining heads in refrigerator for other meals such as soup, corned beef, coleslaw, etc.].
- Immerse the stacked cupped leaves in the boiling water for a few minutes. Using tongs remove the flexible leaves and set aside to cool..
- To make the filling, combine the ground chuck, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, salt, pepper, and thyme in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands. [Be creative with your spices].
- For the rolls, remove the hard triangular rib (1/2”) from the base of each cabbage leaf with a paring knife. Place about a 1/2 cup of filling in an oval shape near the rib edge of each leaf. Roll the leaf up toward the outer thin edge away from you, tucking the sides in as you roll..
- Place the cabbage roll seam side down in a medium – large casserole dish that has been lined with 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat this process until you have lined the dish with all of the rolls. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls and cover with foil..
- Bake for 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Take foil off and continue baking for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food stuffed cabbage rolls recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this webpage on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading, I hope My webpage becomes reference when it comes to stuffed cabbage rolls cooking. Happy cooking!